Friday, June 28, 2013

Curriculum Planning and Development

As a Title I Ed. Tech. (or long term sub), I don't have as much involvement in the planning and development of the curriculum as I would like. My main role is to supplement the curriculum by providing student with extra support.
 
In RSU 64, the math curriculum is based around the Common Core Standards. RSU 64 uses the Envision Math Program to meet these standards. A scope and sequence is created and defined by the grade level teams. My role in this math program is to provide students with extra support, including re-teaching, extra practice, and intervention.
 
The district where I am currently employed uses Lucy Calkins as a guide for the writing curriculum and DWA as the assessment piece. Again, the grade level teams create the scope and sequence for the writing curriculum, basing it off of the Lucy Calkins writing program. All of the literacy topics are decided upon by the grade level teams and literacy coach.

All of that being said, I know how the curriculum is planned and developed in my district, I just am unfortunately not a part of it just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment