Sunday, August 4, 2013

Curriculum 21, Chapters 1-4

After revisiting chapters one through four of Heidi Hayes Jacobs' Curriculum 21, I think that the most prominent key ideas are based around the fact that we are now in the 21st century and "as educators, our challenge is to match the needs of our learners to a world that is changing with great rapidity" (Jacobs, pg. 7).

I think that the first four chapters of Jacobs' book are not only about the "21st century learner" but they are also based on a 21st century education. In order for educators to provide these 21st century learners with a 21st century education, reform is necessary. However, I do agree that these ideas that Jacobs conveys are "small steps." We can't change everything all at once, but instead we need to focus on the little steps that we can take to make that transition from an outdated education to a 21st century one.

No comments:

Post a Comment