Thursday, July 25, 2013

Persistent Curriculum Issue

When beginning this week's assignment, I could think of a few different ways in which I could take this assignment. While I thought about some of the issues in our curriculum, I also went back to the curriculum interview that I conducted with the curriculum coordinator of our district to remind myself what we had talked about in terms of areas of improvement for our curriculum. Ultimately, I decided that the most persistent curriculum issue in our district is the lack of parent involvement and knowledge about how the curriculum works

Overall, I would say that parents in our district don't have a very accurate perception of what our curriculum entails. Our curriculum is not currently readily available to parents or the community. As the curriculum coordinator of our district told me in our interview, this is something that they are working toward. I am looking forward to putting together this assignment to collect my thoughts on how this issue can be dealt with in our district in order to better involve parents and provide them with a comprehensive view of our curriculum.

No comments:

Post a Comment