Sunday, August 4, 2013

Highlights

Throughout all of my blog posts I have learned more about curriculum in terms of where it is, where it should be, and where it's going. I think that one of the highlights of my blog posts throughout this course was my post about the "collaboration age" and how important it is for education to change along with technology. This is one of the highlights of my blogging thus far because it was at the beginning of this course when I learned just how linear our curriculum currently is. This also connects to a couple other blog posts about my comments on the need for curriculum change, including the post about the depth at which students need, and even demand, this change. I have learned that our students really are "21st century learners." These learners are finding more and more new ways to gather information at the hands of technology, and, as educators, we need to brainstorm ways to utilize these technologies instead of banning them.

This is the second graduate course that I have taken in which the assignments included posting to a blog. I think that if I had my own classroom, I most definitely would be interested in keeping a blog, similar to this one. I think that this is a great way to communicate with other teachers. I would be interested in sharing my experiences in the classroom and reading about others experiences as well. My hope is that, when I do obtain my own classroom, I can utilize my blog to communicate with other educators in a way that is beneficial for myself, my colleagues, my school, and beyond.

Blogging would be a great professional development experience because it is a resource where educators can bounce ideas off one another. Blogging is a give and take, reciprocal kind of resource because not only can you get something out of it for your own use but you can also give your own input and ideas so that others have a resource as well.

2 comments:

  1. I also like the idea of blogging, it a nice place to reflect and easily share thoughts and ideas with other people. I would like to find a way to incorporate this into a classroom someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why not use a blog for your own professional thoughts and comments on what you are reading and thinking...now and when you have your own classroom? Or share with colleagues as a form of personalized professional development?

    ReplyDelete